Sometimes it feels like life needs a reset button. Got one conversation on repeat in your head? Feeling overwhelmed by stuff? Focussing on how you feel right now, in the moment, occupies your brain without filling it up with words.
Press pause. Follow this two minute meditation, and learn how to empty your mind.
1. Set the timer on your phone for 2 minutes.
2. Without looking, see if you feel the clothes on your back. Shutting your eyes will help.
3. If you're leaning on a table, what parts of your hands and arms make contact?
4. Concentrate on your arms. Can you feel your sleeves?
5. Try and feel the places where your skin touches something.
6. Try not to drop focus on the first sensations you found, as you find new ones. Focus on them until the time's up.
Repeat as necessary.